Thursday, August 6, 2009

Up to our eyeballs.....


Well, here we are. Football season has officially started and we are litterally "up to our eyeballs" in it. The boys have both been put on their teams, and this is the first week of real practice. Drew has made the Alta "A" team again for the 3rd year in a row. For those of you who don't know what that is it is the top 10% of boys in their particular age group. Drew is a great player, and he lives and breathes the game. It is really fun for us to watch him. This year has definately changed the dynamics for us, because now we have 2 boys to shuffle our time between. J.D. tries to spend some of each night with Drew and then catches up to me and I spend all of my time with Jensen, because he is still trying to get used to his coach and his new team. He only knows one other boy that plays with him, so he is still a little nervous. He is afraid that he might be kidnapped and since no one knows him, no one will notice that he is gone. Sad. He is also afraid that he might get hurt and we won't be there to help him. I try to be patient with him, but after day 8 of the tears, I am tired. Each day is a little better and he is really getting the hang of tackling. Last night on the way home J.D. asked him if he was trying to live up to Drews 'legacy' and Jensens response was...
"I am going to STEAL his legacy!!"

This is what I mean by 'up to our eyeballs' - we eat at the park, pack snacks and water, blankets, bottles, toys or books for Ella, the baby and all that goes along with him and of course, the camera. It's usually a PB&J or a turkey sandwich before practice, and then another small meal after we get home. Leaving our house at 5:30p.m. and getting home at around 8:30p.m......I know, it is a rediculous commitment, but it has become the major part of our fall.


Tonight we all almost got blown away....I felt like we were living in a dust bowl and doing all we could to stay on the ground. The sky was full of dist and you could barely see the sun. We had to pitch Jiles a tent so he would be able to breathe, poor kid, you know when they are babies and the wind blows and sucks their breath away. He was nice to stay in the seat for nearly the whole time, awake and everything. He would occasionally try to 'talk' to me, like "what the crap is going on?"
Football is fun, we definately wouldn't do it otherwise. We all love it. Crazy maybe, but fun.

3 comments:

gotta go girl said...

I have only lived the football life vicariously through my friends, who all have boys. Zach of course has never played. Seth just started asking about Flag Football so we will give it a try. Carry on my friend! It is only going to get more and more crazy! But you have a great attitude!

Jana said...

Your boys rock!!! Jensen will kick butt...just like Drew! I am afraid for my boys to play...I think Robbie will have no desire but T will make him I am sure...poor kid. Anywho...it was crazy wind all day yesterday my dog was walking side ways haha!! I am always here if ya need a sitter...kinda out of the way but always here! Love you guys!

Natalie said...

That was an awful wind storm. I can't believe you didn't get blown away. That is a big commitment, but good it only lasts a couple of months. I would love it.

I couldn't eat because I was doing a cleanse and they all were laughing at me. Rude.