Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sad Kids....

Tonight is not my usual post. I feel sad tonight and wanted to write about it. Not sure why.
It pains me when my kids are in pain. Two of my kids are hurting tonight, one physically and the other one emotionally. Jensen was down at a neighbors house and they were having a fire pit, roasting marshmallows and making smores. A good time. All was well and things were good until he reached behind him and put his hand on one of the hot sticks that had just been in the fire. He came home, trying to be brave with 3 of his fingers burned pretty badly. Instant blisters. We did what we could, cold water and then burn ointment and a little motrin. He has tears running down his little face, not understanding why it hurts so bad. Putting him to bed was not easy, I am sure his hand is throbbing, but what do you do? I tried to distract him by rubbing his arm and letting him lay in my bed, soon enough he fell asleep. I hate it, I feel so bad for him.
The other is Morgan. My daughter is the best. She spent the afternoon making goodies, after inviting one of her friends over for brownies today in church. She goes to so much effort, she likes to be in the kitchen and she likes to serve others, a trait she got from her dad. As the night passed, her friend never showed up. We found out later that there were some plans that got in the way, something I am sure he didn't realize he had going on, and it was in no way his fault, still sad though for Morgan. She seems to get let down by her friends alot. Especially this summer, I am not sure why. Is it because she is too nice and won't say anything to them later about it? I can't figure it out. As the mom, you want to be able to take away all the pain. I would do anything I could for any of my children, take away Jensens burn, and Morgans disappointment. They are brave and strong kids, for sure they will all be okay and I am for sure making more out of it than needs be, I just feel for them. I want them to be happy and healthy, and to not get hurt. I know that is not the way life works, just tonight, is sad for me to watch them suffer.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That's such a sweet post. I just dropped my kids off for the first day of school and I am feeling sad for them. I know how weird it is the first day and especially with new kids all around, at least for me it was. I dropped Alex off for the last time as an elementary kid. Your post was suppose to cheer me up and I'm still crying. What we feel and do for our kids makes us appreciate our mamas.

Jana said...

You have me in tears....I am a dork!! But it is so true!! As moms we just want happy heathy kids! Not to much to ask for!!! Haha...Burn Free is some awesome stuff! Pick it up and keep on hand. Trents mom did a first aid kit for us one year for Christmas and gave us some of that stuff. Probably saved my hands from scaring when I was a stupid a-- and picked up my pizza stone a few years ago! Yes...I am so bright! It works so good, helps fast,with the blisters and scaring!If you cant find it in the store google it and get ya some! Anyways...as for Morgs...sad for her! She probably is to nice! She will enjoy her change this year for sure! Love n stuff!!!

Jana said...

Never feel dumb about it!! Silly! It's part of blogging...it's not all about the funnies! Sad or happy! I am just so glad you blog! I love you! Hope your kiddos are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I barely held back tears reading that, Jenn! It's so hard to see our kiddos hurting or having trouble - I've been such a wreck waiting for Cami's hearing tests to come back with good results. And my heart hurt for poor Morgan! Hugs to you, Mom!