Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Football (seriously??!?)....


I know, way too much talk of football but last night was kind of different. Drews team got the chance to scrimmage against Hillcrest on the Alta High field. It was a pretty cool opportunity for the kids, playing on the turf. We went to watch the game and J.D. immediately got pulled in to be a ref....not his plan for sure. (That is him in the front of the picture with the jeans and long sleeved shirt on) - He was a sweaty mess when all was said and done. He did a good job reffing the game and I think that he ended up having a pretty good time. I watched the game from the bleachers with Julie and Bradley, Janeen and Corey, and their kids. They were so nice to come and be supportive.
The beginning of the game started out a little rough, I think that our boys thought that they were going to totally take it to Hillcrest, because they did last year. Well, within the first like 5 minutes they had scored on us twice. Not a great way to start the game. Once they figured themselves out, Alta won the game by a touchdown. I think the score was 28-20. Drew had fun, but that is really no surprise, football is a huge part of his life.

3 comments:

Jana said...

GO HAWKS!! Sorry I missed it...would have been fun! I forgot! Lunch was fun today! I love your Brenna...she makes me laugh!

Janeen said...

Wow, your kids are so big. I can't beleive Jens is 8. I can't beleive how grown up Ella looked in those pic's of her and Brenna. I can't beleive how STUDLY Drew looks in that picture. I can't beleive you have 6 kids. 6 amazing, beautiful, nice, healthy kids. I cried when I looked at that family picture from Sat. You guys rock! Kids say the darndest things right? lol

Natalie said...

Wow. I must be behind. You and Jana decided to post like crazy ladies. I'm so jealous of your football days. One day I hope if it's not BMX. I love the dance pictures and Charae too. Ella will love her. She is so good with the little ones. What a fun blessing and baptism day. G&G Nelson told me all about it. You are an amazing mother with an amazing family.