Thursday, August 27, 2009

The giggling has begun.....

It's true....the giggling has started. It is not spontaneous yet, it takes a little work on my part, some tickling, some biting and nuzzling of the neck, but I get the giggle. What a reward!! Babies are addictive. Their smell, their skin, their smiles, their coo's, the kicking and scratching on the side of the bed to let me know he is awake, the sounds they make when they eat, the sounds they make when they sleep. What in the world could be greater than being a mother? I can't get enough, I thrive on it. I think that I have a sickness when it comes to their sweetness!! I try to savor each and every day.
Ella-bella and baby Ji-Ji...we love to take pictures. I really love this particular sleeper, the brown and grey stripes with a green dinosaur. He is so snuggly in it, even Brenna commented on babies in their jammies this morning. One of the things that she loves.

I don't normally take pictures of myself, but Ella wanted to. This is our first official morning with just the 3 of us at home. Hanging on the couch watching cartoons and taking pictures. Eating breakfast when we feel like it, and not having to fight over what she wants to watch on TV with the big brothers. Next year Ella goes to Kindergarten, so we will enjoy this time that we have together....

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your attitude is inspiring. Thank you!

Jana said...

Gosh....why do you have to be so nice and good??? Why didn't I get that gene??? Haha...you are so right! I love being a mom...it truely is the BEST!!! I soooo love that first picture! I want to bite his checks!!!!