Monday, August 24, 2009

9th, 7th, 3rd......

Today is the first day of school for Brenna, Drew and Jensen....big day for all of them, but especially for the boys. This is the first day for both of them going to a new school. Drew in middle school at Summit Academy and Jensen also decided to make the change and join his older brother and sister at Summit. They all have to wear uniforms, which makes it easy in the morning and easy to shop for, but it is a little challenging when you are Jensen. He loves his clothes and loves to look good. Time will tell how this will effect him, but he is happy with his decision to make the switch. I left it up to him. I was going to force it, because the charter school has a traditional school year calendar, and our neighborhood school was year-round, which made it hard to have any sort of family time. This year that changed and our elementary went back to the traditional school year, but Jensen wanted to go with Brenna and Drew. I was happy with his decision.
It has been a little bit of a hard morning. When it came down to it, time to go to school, time to drop him off and leave him in a classroom where he is unfamiliar with everything, he had tears in his eyes. Which makes me get tears in my eyes. He is going through some serious kind of seperation anxiety these days, I am not sure why. I love the little dude and it breaks my heart to see him so worried, nervous, anxious and sad about his day at school. I am hopeful that he will be all smiles when I pick him up later, but for now I will have a pit in my stomach for the whole day. I feel bad too, because I was so consumed with Jensen I didn't even make sure that Brenna and Drew were doing okay when they walked off to go into the Middle School this morning, most likely they are fine, especially Brenna who went there last year. Drew though, with lockers, 8 different classes, different teachers and hallways with tardy bells and most of all NO RECESS - how will he do??
I only have 6 more hours to worry about it....I am sure they will all do great! They are amazing kids who continually surprise me.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I cried all morning myself, and am still teary thinking of my kids at school. I could tell Luke was nervous as he met his teacher and my eyes filled with tears. I hurried and left so he wouldn't see me crying. We as mothers, have such tender feelings for our children. That unless or until you're a mother, one will never understand.

Jill said...

Jenn....Your kids are so cute and you are such an amazing MOM!! They are so luck to have you! I'm sure Brenna and Drew are fine, although, eight different clases and lockers, Eeek. Cant believe that will be Jake in a year. And Jensen is so good at making friends, he'll have a buddy by lunch time! Cant wait to hear about the day!!

Jana said...

I love the picture!! So cute of all of them! I agree with both Tiffany and Jill! Its ok to be sad....we are moms!!! Your kids are outgoing and will be just fine!

gotta go girl said...

Lucky for me my kids went this year with smiling faces-just a few butterflies. Both came home happy and loving their new class. Whew! Others that I saw did not do as well and my heart went out to them! Hope Jensen did okay!

Natalie said...

I really am jealous of you and football. We might go to the Bingham Alta game this weekend just because I love it. Fun way to spend fall. You still need to update why Morgan is going to BINGHAM. Crazy stuff. The first day I had a pit because of Adri and her tears. They manage. I'm sure Jensen did awesome. Yay for routines.