Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Human Race.....

One of our fairly new family traditions began 3 years ago. It all started with Jill and I and has grown each year. We run/walk in the Human Race, a 5k here in Draper designed to help the Utah Food Bank. It is Thanksgiving morning, and is really pretty fun. There were over 5,000 runners this year - they come in all shapes and sizes, young and old.
This year our group was me, Morgan, Brenna, and Drew, my sister Jill and her boy Jake and her friend Brenda, my sister Jana and our brother-in-law Brad (the runner of the group).
It was cold, but we all got by okay - it is a fun tradition and I hope that it continues to grow every year. We are doing something good for the community and it also makes eating Thanksgiving dinner a little better knowing that you did something good for your body that morning!

3 comments:

Cleo said...

It was super fun!! I am so glad I had Morgs to have my back!!! I will have to email you the one of us and the indian...its pretty funny!

Cleo said...

Ooops!!! Brittyn was signed in not me!!! It your sista Jana!

Natalie said...

Good way to burn some pre-eatten calories. It has really grown. I remember when you first started out. Fun tradition!!!