Sunday, November 22, 2009

Brown-haired baby.....

Jiles Dunn
Our little guy growing so quickly, and almost everyday I think of his name. Jiles. No one really liked the name when I picked it, they all thought it was maybe just a tad to strange. Too last name-ish. I don't know. I remember looking at him in the hospital under all the wires and tubes with beeping going on in the background and just knowing that needed to be his name. It fit.
After the first name was finished we needed to come up with a "D" middle name, this I left up to the daddy, Dunn is what he decided on. I always have to tell people the spelling, D.U.N.N., not D.O.N.E. - that is what J.D. would have people believe "you know, it fits, we are done" he will say...and as for me, that is something that I am not willing to commit to quite yet, time will tell.
On to the real reason of my post, the name Dunn means "brown-haired man", my little brown-haired man. I have never had one of these. All of my other babies have been blondies or baldies. Mostly blondies, though. I just get get a giggle every once in a while that names might really mean something in a childs life. Who knows if he will stay my 'brown-haired man', but for now he sure is.

4 comments:

Jana said...

I know it is so strange to see him with darker hair and totally funny about the meaning! He is darling!! As a mom you just know what their names are suppose to be all hell to everyone elses thoughts!

Natalie said...

That is so coincidal about Jile's hair and his name. I guess it was all meant to be.

You posted like a crazy lady. I loved the football in the snow. That's when it's time to quit. What a fun season. Jolee tells me about it often and how she loves your family and how big it is and you might not be done. You are amazing.

Save some of Morgans dresses and maybe we could re-use them. LOL. I think Renn will have a heart attack when we get to that age.

I went to see Julie's baby the night of Ella's b-day and Liza was telling me all about it. Cute cousins. Fun memories.

Two Boys and a Teenage Girl said...

Looks like fun. My friend and I ran on Thanksgiving too its a great tradition.

Janeen said...

ahhhh I love that I had no idea! I love Ji Ji and I love his name too! You know I'm not a judger or a hater :)