Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Ella!.....

For Ellas birthday - wow number 5 - I took her to Build-a-Bear. She has been wanting to go there for months now. She was so cute choosing the 'perfect' bear.
J.D. was out of town for the week of her birthday, so we had a small celebration at home with a birthday cake and candles. She got some gifts that day from a few of her friends in the neighborhood and so all in all it was a pretty good day for her. I am not a birthday party mom, never have been, most likely, never will be. I would much rather take the birthday girl or boy to do something that they really want to do, get the the gift that they really want and spend the day with them. I like things less confusing, less chaotic. I want to spend quality time with my kids whenever I can have the chance.
Singing Happy Birthday to you.....

Blowing out the candles, (this took much longer than any of us thought) I think she tried six or seven times to do it. You can see the look of frustration on her face.

Finally, one of the big sisters, either Morgan or Brenna told her to hold her hair back and get closer. Ta-da! It worked. She is now officially 5.

I let her cut her own cake. Look at the smile. This girl loves to help in the kitchen, so what better than cutting and serving your own birthday cake. This was as fun to her as the presents I think.
Five.5. This means you are big, no longer the little girl in the house. A new door opens when you turn 5 it seems. You start school. You loose teeth. Most of the baby fat has all but disappeared. I am sad. But I am also happy. She has been the 'baby girl', I don't know if that will ever change though.
She makes me proud, she makes me smile and laugh. She is sunshine in my life.
Ella, your mom and dad love you more than you know.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Ella girl is so beautiful and getting so big! I hate it! Time totally needs to slow down! I am so sorry we missed the little party last night. T worked all fricken day and by 6 rolled around we where just sitting down to eat dinner! I heard all about it from Jill. How sad for her to be barffin! I have a little pres for her which I know she will love! I will stop by on afternoon this week. I will call and give you a heads up!!