Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's a wrap (literally).....

Last week was Drews Championship Football Game, Alta vs. Bingham. This is the way it goes nearly every year. The turnout is also always the same, our little Alta boys coming up short. They lost on Saturday 14-6. Dang. Another year without a championship. I told Drew that 2nd place is not bad....and he quickly replied "they are a bunch of fags" - whoa!! I laughed and let him rant and rave for a bit about the Bingham team. He got over it and we ended up having a nice and very snowy Saturday.
This is Jiles in the stroller on the sidelines - I know all of you may scream abuse that my 7 month old was out in the snow like that, but believe me he was as toasty, warm and as dry as he would have been at home.

When I opened up the many layers to give him his binky it was like a sauna in there. He was happy and sleeping and cozy.
I can't say the same for the rest of us though. We all FROOOZE!! Morgan, Brenna, Jensen and Ella - who really wanted to come to be supportive, and by the way, on the way out to the game there were blue skies, all ended up in the car by half time.
I headed to the car just a few minutes before the game ended, because I knew there was probably not a chance that we would win. I got to the car, with frozen hands and ice in my hair, started to cry. I am a little embarassed, but I honestly can't remember the last time I cried because I was so cold. Brenna laughed, and the rest just stared, Morgan tried to help.
Maybe the tears were from being cold, and maybe a few of them were for the loss of the football game. It is an emotional game and another season in our football lives is over.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Those tears are absolutely a mom thing. You are right, they probably weren't just from being cold...

As for baby Jiles, being out in the snow, I'd do the exact same thing. That's just what you have to do when you have babies and older kids!

Jana said...

I love it!! That snow was crazy that day!!! Btw...I would watch Jiles in a heart beat any time!! Congrats to Drew man though...2nd is awesome...first just taste better!