Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Morgan!.....

My, my, my how time flies!! Miss Morgan Marie turned 17 this year. I can't believe it. You hear people say all the time that you blink and your kids are grown, well I am officially a believer.
Morgan just 1 day old - December 24, 1992

Morgan with J.D. - she was around 6 or 7 months old at the time. It is summer in our first little house in West Jordan. Quieter, more simple times. J.D. had just gotten home from playing softball and needed to have one last good-night kiss from his baby girl.

Morgan for her birthday this year wanted to go to breakfast with all the girls in her life, mom, sisters, aunts and grandma. We wend to Mimi's Cafe and enjoyed a darn good breakfast. She got to open lots of girly things and spend time with the ladies!


Things I love about Morgan....
1. She has always gotten herself up and ready for school without me asking.
2. She still orders food from the kid's menu at most restaurants.
3. She loves to play and practice the piano.
4. She is an old soul, wise beyond her years and doesn't get too caught up in typical teen-ager 'stuff'.
5. She still likes to be seen with me, going to the mall with her mom has never bothered her.
6. If she sees a need in our family, she fills it. Changing a diaper, loading the dishwasher, helping with a hair-do on a Sunday morning....things like that.
7. She doesn't abuse driving and car privileges....
8. She expects to be treated right by the boys she goes out with, she does not take any of their crap....and is willing to stand up for herself.
9. She loves her sister Brenna like crazy!! They are best friends and spend countless hours together, hiding in 'their' basement.
10. She has taught me how to be a good mom. I feel like I learn from her, as much as she learns from me.
Most likely when Morgan sees that this is one of the pictures that I posted she will want to kill me!! I, on the other hand, think she looks cute. It shows a side of her that not many people see. She is a goofy girl who knows how to make us laugh. She is the best big sister and the best oldest daughter anyone could ask for. She is kind, considerate, responsible, smart, honest, caring and a peace-maker in our family. There is a whole list of other things, but if I keep going I will most likely end up in a heap of tears.

We took our family to Olive Garden for birthday dinner. It was not exactly the trip to New York that she got last year, but it doesn't mean we love her any less!!
Birthday girl with Ella and Drew. Fettuccine Alfredo all around - one of the kids favorite meals.
Happy Birthday lady - we all love you!!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

You couldn't ask for a better daughter. Lucky for you. What a b-day. Right by Christmas. Abby's is tomorrow. Crazy time, but fun. I love the pics of you when you had Morgan. Nice hair. I loved Brenna's ballet outfit. She did great. Ella was so cute at her performance. She would tell the others what to do!!! Adri cried her first time, and Ella soared.

Jana said...

Awwwww....Morgan!! what more can you say! What a sweet post! And so very true! She is a speical chick! Love her dearly! I love love her new born pic with her hot momma!! Lol...Love ya!

Julie said...

Seeing the pic of you and baby morgie made me teary. I never want my babies to grow up and be 17. I don't know if morgan is the best big sister. I have a pretty good big sister too. Maybe even the best! You were good to all of your bratty siblings too. Love ya Jenn.

Jill said...

SO sweet. Love hearing about Morgan. She is such a goofball. I love her so much. You have raised a mighty fine daughter!!!