Saturday, July 4, 2009

My sleeping babies.....


There is almost nothing sweeter than the sight of your children sleeping. This is what happens after a long summer day and a nice warm bath. My 3 big kids were gone last week with YMYW and it was just the 3 little ones at home. We had a fun night together, dinner on the deck (ham and cheese sandwiches, nothing fancy), J.D. had just gotten back in town and we enjoyed the evening together. Bath time and then without even blinking all 3 of them were asleep in my bed. I am constantly amazed with how much I love these people, being a mom is the greatest and even still small things like these are so precious to me.
And then even something better happened.... 'ahhhh' (that is the sound of angels singing), Jiles slept through the night last night. I put him down around 11:00 and he didn't wake until 6:30 this morning, what a great little guy. I am going to give him whatever he wants today. Ha ha. Hopefully it wasn't a one time trick, but we will see. Even still, it was nice to sleep through the night for the first time in months.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Did you blog the second we left your house?? I love your pictures! Out cold!! Breakfast was so yummy yesterday thanks for hosting! You Barnes's are awesome!

Tiffany said...

Isn't it fun to be alone with some of them once in a while. We just had our two little boys home alone Wednesday-Thursday. It was so fun to be with just them. Mike said, "You can tell you have too many kids when being with only 2 seems like a vacation!!!
Photos of sleeping kids are reminders of how much we do really love them!!!

Janeen said...

I love it! Your kids are so flippin cute. You have done soooo much blogging. I am proud of you. I need to catch up. Thanks so much for the 4th of July fun! We love you!

Angela said...

Those are such cute pictures. My mother has tons of sleeping pictures of us from when were children, especially of my sister who could fall asleep anywhere - there's picture after picture in the photo albumn of her falling sleep while eating a brownie, falling asleep while coloring, falling asleep on the dance floor at a wedding. There's even one where she fell asleep standing up and leaning over a chair.

Natalie said...

Sleeping babies are the best. Renn says that he loves his kids the most when they are sleeping. He's being a little rude. It is nice. I bet three kids seemed like nothing. See ya tonight.