Monday, July 27, 2009

Crazy summer.....

I would like to know what ever happened to the 'chilled-out' days of summer....Our summer began late for the boys because of year round school and since then we have gone non stop. Is that what happens with big families? Or is it just the way life is now? My older girls have gone to Youth Conference, Girls camp, and this week Morgan is gone to EFY...Brenna leaves for EFY next week. Brenna has Dance camp this week, and football is getting underway tonight for Drew and Jensen. Football will now be every night through August and then 3-4 nights a week for the rest of the season which won't end until October. Not to forget to mention the Scout hikes that Drew has gone on and Scout camp for Jensen. Don't get me wrong, all of the activities are worth while and good, it just seems crazy. Trying to find time to squeeze in a family vacation was a little difficult, but we did manage. Getting home last night from St.George with our family- (a Hackwell family tradition) - why in the middle of summer, you ask...because we love to bake I guess in the 100 degree plus temperatures. (Will post more about that later) - I do love summer, the late nights and warm weather....it just seems like it is going by way too fast this year. Such is life.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Awww....Jenn-G! I feel ya and I only have 3 to keep up with!! I feel like I go non-stop! Can't wait till you post pics of you rtrip...will be fun to see! Luv ya~

Natalie said...

That's how I feel. But I still have three lazy weeks, except for DANCE!!!!! I can't believe you go to St. George in the heat. I can cook here. That's a fun tradition.

Janeen said...

crazy. i will enjoy my calm life while i can! love you guys