Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July.....

Our 4th was fun this year. We did something that we have never done before, we started our morning having breakfast at our house....it was less crowded than any restaurant, had flushing and cleaner toilets, (compared to going to the canyons or a park), and we could just hang out and do whatever we wanted. I think that everyone had a good time. The trampoline got used, and so did the sand box. With my family it doesn't take much of an excuse to get together, I am so glad we all like to hang with each other as much as we do.
This is a picture of Brenna, Leah, Ella (flying high) and Robbie all jumping on the tramp. I think Brenna was holding Aliza also, you just can't see her with the bad camera angle. I love our yard. It is an amazing place (if we could just figure out the weeds, yuck.) We feel so blessed to be here, especially in the summer time, it makes enjoying it so easy.
Drew and Jake playing in the sand (Lucas in the background), Drew really didn't want me to take his picture, I think that he thinks he is too cool to be caught doing something so juvenile, but he really does like it. Boys like dirt. That is one thing I do know, I don't think it matters your age.

Morgan sitting on her daddys lap. I hope she never gets to old to do that. Saturday morning was awesome weather, compared to the monsoon like weather we have been having. It was nice to be able to be outside and enjoy July like we should.

We had everyone over, the usuals, Mom and Dad, Jill, Mike and their kids, Trent, Jana and their kids, Brad, Julie and Aliza, Corey, Janeen and Owen (cuties in the picture)....we also had Grandpa and Grandma Nelson and Aunt Sandy and Uncle Bob. They are all so fun to be around and everyone pitched in and made an AWESOME breakfast, like I said, way better than any restaurant.

Is it ever too early for ice cream?? Apparently not in Ella and Alizas book. Who cares really?? I have really tried not to sweat the small stuff lately. There are way more important things to get worked up about, that is one lesson that I have learned as of late. Enjoy each day as it comes, live life to its fullest and have fun doing it. Grandpa really enjoys his grandkids, (the girls especially) - he had 5 of his own and knows how to make them smile.

Later that day we all met out at the Riverton Carnival for rides and fireworks. I had all my people wearing the 'timeless' matching Old Navy Flag shirts....no one complained or acted too embarassed of their mom for making them wear such a thing. I am so lucky that my kids still will humor me with my ideas.

Aliza and Ella on a roller coaster, one thing about it, the ride tickets were expensive (like $5.00 per ride), but they did go for a long time which made it a little less painful to pay for. Luckily my big kids didn't want to do too many rides (they all made them sick after having hoards of pizza for dinner) - so really Ella was the only one doing all the riding. Oh well, we tried, and it was entertainment enough doing all the people watching - wow, it takes all kinds or people to make the world go around is what we have decided. We even saw a girl there with an ankle bracelet on, the kind that you wear so you don't break your parole. A little scary, but mostly just plain strange.

Half the family in the photo, Drew was off doing one of those dizzying rides and Jiles was asleep and me of course behind the camera....Happy 4th of July everyone!

Just a side note, if anyone is wondering, Rivertons fireworks are the longest show I think that I have ever been to...most 'bang' for your buck for sure!! (ha, ha, I know I am dumb)

3 comments:

Two Boys and a Teenage Girl said...

Looks like fun. It was great to see you and JD the other night. What a great Family you have. My kids wanted to know how I knew you and for how long and why did JD and I kiss!!HaHa Lunch for sure

Jana said...

Breakfast was da shizzz! Yumm....JD can make a egg! Haha...sorry I missed the fun stuff at the end of the day. I just wanted to stay home with my peeps before Trent took off! I love ya and you guys are always so super nice to have everyone and their dogs (really...Jill) haha....over! Your the best:)

Natalie said...

You guys are the best to host all of the parties you do. I love your family-all the Hackwells. The 4th looked like fun. Riverton rocks. We went to the parade and fireworks, but tried to avoid the park!!!!