Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day and Reunions.....

Happy Fathers Day J.D.!!
We love our dad and husband! He is the best and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. He is an amazing father who loves his kids dearly.
We had a fun Fathers Day over at Grandpa and Grandma Hackwells house. We went for dinner and presents, my poor dad only got a wild assortment of Home Depot gift cards, boring. He found some sort of electric tiller that he wanted and so there you go. Not so fun, but if he is happy, we are happy. My Grandpa and Grandma Nelson were there also, it is always fun to see them. Luckily, the rain stopped long enough for us to have the kids play outside, that helps alot and they have a great time with each other and the dogs, Roxy and Wrigley. It actually seemed pretty calm over there this time, I don't know why, but it did. It was a fun afternoon. I always love spending time with my sisters and their kids -

J.D. has been planning his 20 year high school reunion for almost a year now and the big day was this last weekend. Friday was spent at Gardner Village at the 'Gathering Place' for an adult dinner and small program. The turn out was really good and it was funny to see how everyone looks after 20 years. Some people looked exactly the same, some looked better than before and there were of course the handful of schoolmates that looked terrible!! I hate to say it, but it is true. Morgan and Brenna helped to check people in with name tags and taking money from those who hadn't paid in advance. They were a great help and Morgan even got asked if she was J.D.'s wife - yikes!! What does that mean? It kinda freaked us both out. I don't know what to think of that. It was fun catching up with old friends. And, no, we weren't the ones with the most kids. One girl had 9, crazy....

This picture is of my kids on the Saturday event, Jensen wasn't happy because he wasn't in the pool yet.

So, back to the Saturday event....the freaking rain!! Need I say more? We were supposed to be outside at Lifetime Fitness, the outdoor pools was reserved just for us and the outdoor sportcourt also. So this is what ended up happening instead. All 300+ people INSIDE!! It wasn't ideal, but it wasn't bad either.

I am sure that everyone had a good time. People were also very kind and thankful to J.D. for all of the effort he went to planning the reunion. It was alot of hard work and I am sure glad that it is over. He is an over-achiever and doesn't do anything just part way...this was a big job and he did great planning and pulling it off.

This is a picture of J.D. with 2 guys in his class - Grizzly Adams (Blaine DeHaan) and another bald dude (Chris Cano) like himself. I think that they both look older than him, but I am probably just prejudice towards my guy. Oh well.

Brenna, Ella and Morgan in the pool at the party, showing me the 'love'. They had alot of fun swimming and goofing around in the water. Drew brought a friend with him and we didn't see the 2 of them nearly the whole night. Jensen also had a friend there too, so that was nice.

Four of my favorite people just chillin'


I took this of myself with Brenna, I was melting on the sidelines. Indoor pools are pretty sucky that way, way too much humidity!!
Overall, we all had a great weekend - just needed the rain to stop, but that is life. My 20 year reunion will be next summer....I cannot believe it. Time goes by way too quickly!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Woot woot!! Glad its over for you both! So much work and JD know how to through a party! Fathers day was kinda chill....I thought so too!! We are so very lucky and blessed to have such great men in our lifes.

Natalie said...

I was just introduced to Nitro Circus in Lake Powell. It's addicting and a fun show. Now fun for the owey. We didn't get to do Father's Day. I'm calling a redo this Sunday. I can't believe you and J.D. are so old. The reunion looked fun. Renn had his last year and we didn't go. He said thee would just be keggers there. Cool class huh!