Friday, September 11, 2009

Ga-Loon!!.....

So, here is what I know....I have decided that I have alot to write about because of my many children. Six is alot. There is always something that I could be sharing or saying about my family. Remember, I keep this blog as MY journal. Sometimes I start to feel like I am posting way too often, but then I remind myself, 'this is my life, my journal, my family' - So for all of you reading (a whopping 6 or 7) you will just have to bear with me.

Our summers get cut a little short due to the boys playing football. I am not complaining, just stating a fact. We start to feel a little jilted, because basically once August rolls around, all of our summer activities come to a screeching halt. This summer we had tried a couple of times to make it to Lagoon (my little ones call it Ga-Loon), without much success. Finally, this last Monday, with no school, no work and no football we decided that not much was going to stop us from squeezing this in. It was a perfect day to go. The weather was great, the crowds were great and the company was great. We let Morgan and Brenna bring a friend, and then that turned into Drew and Jensen wanting to bring someone also. Morgan brought a new friend she met at Bingham, Charles - I told him up front I was going to call him Charlie, Brenna brought her friend that has been around for years Lindsay, and Drew and Jensen invited cousins, Jake and Luke. Jake decided that he wasn't up for it and changed his mind, sad for Drew. Then as we were walking out the door we got a phone call from the Coveys, our besties next door, and they told us that they were going to Lagoon that day also. Such a coincidence. We ALL ended up having friends there, even J.D. and I - so much fun!!


Luke, Ella, Max, Meg and Jensen - crazy faces all around!!!

Puff the Magic Dragon, an oldie but a goodie....This is one of those rides that it hard to get a good picture of the kids on it. I thought this was pretty good of Ella and Jensen. Ellas most favorite ride this year and last year is the Tidal Wave. I think that it is kinda funny that she is so brave and likes that one so well. We have had season passes to Lagoon the last 2 summers, but didn't get one this year because of the baby. I didn't think that we would get our moneys worth with little boy Jiles, besides it is sometimes so excruciatingly hot in the summer that I didn't want to do that to my newborn.

It was hard to catch up to the teenagers of the group, so once we did I had to get a picture. This is them while waiting in line for the Rocket - Charles aka 'Charlie', Morgan, Brenna, Lindsay and Mary in the front.

Drew and Ella on the smaller version of the Rocket, Ladybug Bop - seriously one of my favorite rides. This one took Ella some getting used to, it really makes your stomach drop. We still do the peace sign in way too many pictures. I think that all started when we had our foreign exchange student with us, Fuga, and that was a year ago. So funny. Morgan is the queen of the peace sign with Ella coming in a close second.

Jensen, Drew, Max and Wid. It was Wid's birthday on Monday that is why they decided to go. He turned 14, it is strange to think that we have known them for about 11 years now. We have watched their kids grow and they have watched ours grow. It is great to have friends like them. Jensen was really excited, because he was finally tall enough to go on the Jet Star. Last year he tried several times to sneak onto the ride. Stuffing his shoes with napkins to get taller, wearing a hat on the tip-top of his head to seem taller, but this year he was official! He rode it I think 3 or 4 times in a row, he was proud of himself for growing, and being able to go on the ride and for loving it....

I wanted to get one last photo of the day. When people were walking by I think they thought all of these kids were mine, they were counting to themselves, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. People are idiots. I think it is so dumb when they look at a group like ours in disbelief, it happens, people have alot of kids and I am one of them. Proud of, and cherish every single one of them.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Have as many kids as you want! People will always stare. Mike's brother has 8 and they get rude comments when she is at the store with only some of them!! I think in later life, it will be the larger families that will have the most fun, because there will be so many kids and grandkids to love and be loved by!
(That all being said, I am finished with 5! :)

Jana said...

Haha...I can see you with all those kids! I love that picture of JiJi!!