Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween and Birthday time.....

Our annual Halloween party all started because of my cute Drew. He and I share a birthday...October 24. I had him on the day that I turned 25....I have always told him that I could never have asked for a better birthday present. He is an incredible boy who I am lucky enough to call my own. I love sharing our day together!!

So because of our birthday's and getting together with family anyway, we decided a few years back that it would be awesome to have a costume party, and year after year, my family does not disappoint!! Everyone comes dressed up, and each year I am continually surprised.

Jiles, my little penguin - he hated the hat part of the costume, so I am glad I got a picture of him in it with a smile on!!

My Mom and Dad, the cowboy and cowgirl, with Grandpa and Grandpa Nelson....could you just die laughing at the top she had on!! Look at the cleavage......

My cute family - minus our dad, he got stuck at the office that night. We all missed him, and he loves this party as well, so it was sad not to have him around for the better part of the night. He eventually got to come home, just in time for a bowl of taco soup and cake and ice cream of course!

Mike and Jill, quite the 80's couple - he even had on eyeshadow and lipstick, and Jill can do a mean Madonna - and their kids, Leah, Jake and Lucas

Trent and Jana, Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf/Granny and their crew, Brittyn, Robbie and Beau (the one behind the mask) :)

Brad and Julie, NERD ALERT with his Geisha Girl and cutie pie Aliza and Tater-tot

Corey and Janeen and Owen, aaaargh matey!! A family of pirates.

(Best comment of the night, "Janeen and Grandma must have gotten their chests at the same place....") hehehe!!!
Morgan and Andrew with baby Hulk - this was a last minute costume that they pulled off quite amazingly!! Love the pearly white smiles!

Couldn't resist a picture of the 2 nerds of the night!! I couldn't believe it when they walked in and Jensen and Brad looked like they had come from the exact same mold. The rule is, no one tells what they are going to come as each year, so it is always a surprise. This year these two boys were on the same wave length!! Funny, funny.

Brenna with Vern - she is such a funny girl, I think she likes to make people a little crazy, and one of her ways is by calling Grandpa by his first name, Vern, Grandma thinks this is wrong, and I am pretty sure that is why she does it.....Brenna, Brenna, what am I going to do with you??

Last, but not least.....me and all my favorite ladies!! What would I do without all these amazing women in my life?? I adore each and every one of my sisters and my cute mom as well. We are all best friends as well as family which makes it all the better!!

I love you all. Happy Birthday Drew!!
and Happy Halloween!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

As usual, as I read your blog I am slightly envious of your family. What a great group of sisters and extended family you have! 2011 is the year--we HAVE to get together!!!!!!!!!