Friday, October 22, 2010

Big Daddys, big birthday.....

Well, it is official. I am married to a 40 year old man! On October 21st we celebrated J.D.'s biggest birthday to date.....Together with my cute kids we managed to pull of a surprise open house in honor of our best dad, husband, and friend. Actually, I don't know how much of a surprise it ended up being because as soon as Ella got home from school that day she quickly exclaimed "Dad, when are all yours friends coming over for yours party?" (in Ella's exact words) Oh well, Drew, Morgan and myself just shot her a look and she knew she had uncovered our very well kept secret to that point. She kept apologizing to me, but all in all, what does it matter and who better to spill it than Ella.....
I wanted to make sure that I got a cake with 40 candles on it - although, I didn't realize it at the time, but the candles that I bought we some sort of trick candles and so they kept on spontaneously lighting even after J.D. would blow them out. Can't you just see the frustration on his face? Once the birthday cake and singing were over with he relaxed just a bit and ended up having a really nice time. He does not like the spotlight to be on him, but for this one night I invited family, friends and neighbors over to come and give the birthday boy a big squeeze!! He is an amazing father and husband and I wanted him to realize just how much we all love and appreciate him.

All his favorite goodies were the gift of choice....

Except for his Dad who bought him the funky hat with hair and Adam and Becky Osthed who gave him red neck teeth and glasses with dark black side burns attached....who wouldn't love that face?? Lucky, lucky me!
I have celebrated 22 birthdays with this man. We met when we were just both turning 17 and 18 years old. There have been so many highs with just a few lows and I thank my lucky stars each day for him in my life. He makes me laugh more than anyone can and he has made my dreams become a reality. I pray each day for a long and happy life with J.D., and celebrating at least 22 more birthdays with him!!

1 comment:

Jana said...

oh dude..that pic is o funny!!! it was so super fun!!