Sunday, October 24, 2010

Daughter of Divinity.....


The other night for dinner we got Chinese take out. At the end of the meal we all got our fortune cookies and proceeded to break them open and anxiously read our fortune.
Ella was eager to have me read hers to her, "I hope it says that when I grow up I will be a princess!"
What does a mom do at that point.....of course I read her the fortune.
"When you grow up you will become a princess."
Ella beamed. Jensen argued with me that it really did not say that on Ella's tiny piece of paper. Drew stole it and ran off, and I then followed it up with "I guess Drew wants to be the princess when he grows up".
They all laughed and our night from then on was fairly uneventful.
Sunday our lesson in Relief Society struck a chord with me in our life and in wanting to grow up and be a princess. I was reminded that we are all daughters of our Heavenly Father and we will, in fact grow up to be the princess that we want to be when we are a little girl. Right now, it is the dream of my sweet 5 year old, but on Sunday, I realized that I want it to be the dream of my 15 and 17 year old daughters as well. I want them to remember that they are 'Daughters of Divinity'. This world we live in is hard. There is evil and temptation in every direction. For now, my children are on the right path....they love knowing that they are a part of an eternal family. They choose the right. They go to church and say their prayers. I can only do my best as a mother to help guide and direct them.
I am blessed to have 3 of our Heavenly Fathers princesses in my life, to be their mother is joy that cannot be measured.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that lesson - got all choked up. The idea of raising girls kind of terrifies me and I hope and pray that they will stay on track!

Jana said...

Ok...I am crying!! So so true! I love you...you are such a fabulous example!!

Janeen said...

Love this post. It's so true too. I hate the evils of this world! No matter what I have said, I am excited to raise a girl...