Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Off to Kindergarten.....

Where do I start other than I truly don't know where the time goes....you have a baby, take an extra long blink and then she is off to big girl school. Yes, I am a crier. I had my meltdown late Sunday night once all the kids were in bed and I realized that the day I had been dreading was here. My baby, my best girlfriend, my lunch partner, my shopper, my snuggler was on her way out the door.
How did this happen??
Then I look at her in these pictures. She is a beautiful 5 year old who is ready for the world of school. She is ready for learning. She is ready for more than I have to give her. I have loved each and every day that I have spent with her this far and I am looking forward to this next step, although painful, exciting.
Ella was nervous about school once she got there, she didn't want to put on the name necklace that her teacher had made for her. Once she was settled in her chair, backpack hung, name tag on and her first assignment underway it was time for me to leave.....
The afternoon was quiet. Jiles asleep and me wandering my house. I am sure I will get used to the quiet, and on most days, quite enjoy it. I love you Ella....thank you for being my girl. I will miss you with my whole heart!
On a side note....

Ella has only been in school now since Monday and this morning she said to me..."Mom, I want to skip school today." I told her that was against the rules, and she followed up with "That's so dumb, I have already gone for 2 days!"

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love what a thoughtful, deliberate mother you are. Time does fly by so quickly. I am a crier too...The first day of school wasn't easy.

Jana said...

Im wanting to cry this minute. She is a sweetheart! You are so right though...they are ready to go once they hit that age. She looks so stinking cute.