Monday, September 13, 2010

Tired little girl....

Ella is tired.....that is the only way I can describe her. She has become a little sponge since she started school a few weeks ago. She is learning each day and comes home and reports everything that she now knows.
"Mom, do you know who lives in the White House?"
"I do, Ella....do you??"
"Yup, Aqua Bama."
Said it matter of factly and with a sense of 'big girl' in her voice. I loved it. She has also gone on to tell me all about the 'glove' (globe) and how it shows where there is blue it is water and where there is green it is where people live. She said the other day while practicing writing her numbers... "Mom, I know how to make 'cha-chings'..."
I said, "What??" - she then proceeded to draw a dollar sign for me, $$, you know 'cha-ching'
Duh.
She is like a light that has turned on. Not that she wasn't bright already, but she really digs this school thing. I am so glad, because it makes each day easier when it is time for her to get ready and go. She has homework each night and loves to do it. I realize it most likely won't last, the enthusiasm, for now is perfect.

At the end of one of our long and busy weeks this is as far as she could make it after she fell asleep on the couch watching T.V. - walking only 20 steps to the kitchen floor and laying back down. The girl was OUT!!

Don't you wish that you could only sleep so soundly???

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

So precious to capture the excitement and tiredness school can cause...

Jana said...

Haha...I love Aqua Bama!! No him..just the way she says it! Too cute!