Monday, September 29, 2008

More Fuga...




So, we have had our little Japanese boy now for 6 days and it has been quite a fun experience for our family. He has been kept busy, alot of people have asked what he does during the day. He gets picked up and taken to an elementary school here. He has a buddy there that he hangs out with all day and then they bring him home to our house in the afternoon. I think we have completely worn the kid out. By the time night comes he is asking "what time is it?" - ready for bed. I hope he is having fun here. He seems to be doing fine, no homesickness and fitting in with our family really well. Learning lots of potty words from Drew and Jensen and eating "Otter Pops" like they are going out of style. Last night I am pretty sure he ate nearly a dozen while riding the scooter in our front yard...I wonder what it is like where he lives...
We have gone to Drews football games and practices, Jensens soccer games and flag football games...we never sit too long!! The kids have played in the hot tub with him a few times, he does like to swim and I look at it like an extra bath!! We took all the family to a movie the other night "Igor", after Brittyns baptism. I really wonder what he thought about that. We also took him to primary with Jensen and I (I am the teacher of the CTR 7 class)...so he has had a few chuch experiences. I also wonder if we have planted any little seed where he may remember feeling the spirit at our home, during family prayer, at bedtime prayer, or hopefully just the atmosphere in our home. I hope so. We are going to get pizza tonight for dinner. That is another thing that has been quite surprising to me. He is not a picky eater and cleans his plate at every meal. He has liked spaghetti, steak, moms baked beans and eats waffles or corn flakes for breakfast. We asked him if he wanted a snack before bed the first night he was here and he politely said "no" - Morgan then, under her breath said, "you see, we eat here just for fun!!" How true that is. I think we are stuffing the kid to the brim every day....
He has been fun to have around. I am nervous for him to leave our house on Thursday. J.D. says there may be an 'international incident'....he has made an impression on us that we won't soon forget.


9 comments:

Jana said...

Jenn, how lucky are you all to have this experience. He is such a cute little boy. It is very neat to me to see your kids take him in. You all (including Fuga) have been greatly blessed in the process. You have wonderful kids and have been able to teach them such great things! Luv ya all.

Robison's said...

That sounds like a really neat experience. I am glad it went so well for you all! I really like the blog, so I can learn more about you guys and keep in contact with, cuz we haven't actually seen you guys forever!

Janeen said...

I love Fuga! He is so funny. Thanks for taking him in these past couple weeks. Your kids are so nice and awesome to him. Your so good to him as well, and I know you have touched his life. Even though he is only 10 I know he won't forget his experience in Utah and with the Barnsie Bunch! Love and stuff...

Tiffany said...

Hey Jenn-I'm glad you found my blog. How are you guys doing? It has been YEARS since we have seen you. I'm glad at least Jana has kept me somewhat in the loop every once in a while. How fun for you to have the Japanese boy in your home-what a great experience. Tell JD hello from Mike.

Jana said...

Hey, I tagged you so when you get aroung to it! Luv ya.

Janeen said...

So you need to update! I know I tell you a lot, but thanks for helping corey and I out so much these past couple months. Things will be the way they are meant to be! We love you and JD and gosh that Mikey is so cute ;)

Janeen said...

So you need to update! I know I tell you a lot, but thanks for helping corey and I out so much these past couple months. Things will be the way they are meant to be! We love you and JD and gosh that Mikey is so cute ;)

Janeen said...

my bad

Jana said...

I changed my blog address trenandjanasmadhouse.blogspot