Thursday, June 17, 2010

Validation.....

Tonight while I was at Relief Society we had a getting to know you game. I am not a game player, but I put a smile on and went for it. We have had lots of new people move into the ward as of late and it was time to get acquainted and reacquainted with the sisters in our ward. One of the questions that we were all asked to answer was
"What is one of your amazing talents?"
At first I thought, who knows, do I even have one? I answered with....
"I can juggle my 6 kids and household duties with the best of them."
What I was not aware of was what was happening at the Barnes household at that very moment.
Spilled paint
Spilled 44 ounce Pepsi
A lost dog
A very curious 14 month old
A very tired 5 year old
When I walked through through the door, J.D. said (with a smile on his face no less)
" I don't know how you do it."
I almost thought I could hear angels sing. It was validation of my sometimes mundane and never-ending job. It was like getting a bonus check, my 'boss' was seeing the value of all my hard work and efforts. I absolutely had no idea that the answer I gave at Enrichment tonight summed it all up for me. I am so happy to be the mom. It is the only job I ever want, and I can juggle it all pretty darn well. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I can imagine J.D.'s forced smile. hehehe

Thanks for putting on your 'game face' so to speak. Glad you learned a little something about how priceless you are. ;)

Tiffany said...

You are fabulous. We all are really, aren't we? GREAT post. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it! There are day's I struggle with my two... I really admire women with lots of kids... I always pictured me like that but oh well... Little is good also..