Saturday, June 12, 2010

Broken armed boy.....

After all of the many, many injuries that Drew has had in his lifetime, after oodles of stitches, fractured skulls, ambulence rides and concussions, nearly ripping his big toe off on the treadmill to a black eye he has finally broken a bone. He was at a party during the first week of summer vacation and jumped off of a trampoline and landed on his arm. He came home around 11:00 that night and said...
"Mom, I really think I hurt my arm. Can I have an ibuprofen??"
Little did I know, that the next day he would stop using his arm completely, but of course continue playing and hanging with his buddies. It finally hit me that his arm really must hurt when I saw him riding his skate board, but holding his left arm in this weird, kind of a 'don't touch me' position. At that point, I convinced him that it was time to go to the doctor and have it checked out, and sure enough, a broken wrist to start his summer off.
The joys of boys!!

No comments: