Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Last days of school.....and party bbq.....

So during the last week of school instead of wearing the uniforms the kids were all able to dress up and wear the 'theme' of the day.....For Jensen it was Hawaiian Day and for Brenna and Drew it was 'Era Day'. I am so glad that my kids choose to participate and dress up. Look at Drew!! The kid is hilarious. For such a quiet and reserved kid I was surprised that her had the nerve to wear the enormous Afro wig and the only tie-dyed shirt that we could find belonged to Aunt Janeen. Thanks for the pink shirt!! We loved loved it. Brenna dressed up 80's and wore colored jeans and leg warmers....it was nice that the weather was not yet so hot and they could enjoy their day at school.
Later on that night we decided to have an impromptu wienie roast to celebrate the end of the school year and say a big 'hello' to summer. I am so glad that I have a family that is usually ready for a party, because I don't plan very much in advance. That is just not how I roll. Like it or not, we are very spontaneous. Grandma and Grandpa came, along with Julie and her family and Jill and her family.

Kids always have fun in the hot tub....we turn the temperature way down for the summer months that way the kids are able to use it just as a smaller version of a swimming pool. Jiles loves to float around and he doesn't care who is cannon-balling in around him. Meg Covey is always the first neighbor to show up when the hot tub cover comes off....I am positive that she likes it more than just about anyone.

Handsome little man.....can't believe he just finished the 3rd grade!! Cursive and times tables. A very big year.

My soon to be Kindergartner!! I never really thought this day would come. She has been my little buddy for such a long time, I will miss my girl.

Aunt Julie with Tater-bug and Jiles.

Morgan's boyfriend Andrew called J.D. on and wanted him to have a 'chicken fight' - I couldn't believe that either of them actually went for it. They both hesitated at first, not knowing who was going to make the first move and then all of a sudden J.D. lashed out and took Andrew down in a matter of seconds. I think he was just trying to show Morgan who the real man in her life was!! Keeping boyfriends at a distance has been something J.D. has prided himself on. This one doesn't seem to be too afraid of the 'dad'.

Jensen is quite the acrobat on the trampoline. He will do a back flip, take a bounce and then follow up with a front flip....over and over again. Just watching him makes my head spin. Skinny little body!!
Our night was a lot of fun. Hot dogs, hot tub, trampoline action, and chicken fights.....
I am looking forward to a fun filled summer of family and friends!

No comments: