Sunday, June 20, 2010

15 year old girl.....

Brenna's birthday morning. All that she wanted this year was to have a big party with friends and food and decorations. Oh ya, and breakfast with the girls. Luckily Dad counts as one of the girls on birthday morning. He would have been pretty sad if he would not been invited to spend the morning at Mimi's Cafe with all of his favorite ladies.

My kids are silly - yes they planned to all have their eyes shut in this picture. What goof balls all of them are!

Cheers to Brenna!!

Yes, I know, you would think that Ella is the birthday girl with that crown on. Let's face it, she is the princess of the family and she very rarely lets anyone of us forget it.

Family birthday party with a 'Nothing Bundt Cake' cake............delicious!!!

Blowing out her 15 candles. Of course with a little help from the brothers and sisters and cousins.

So, now all we have to pull off is the friend party. Afterall, it is the only thing that she asked for. We sent out invitations, bought darling decorations, birthday party outfit for the birthday girl. Dad wired speakers to the backyard, fire-pit was ready, yummy food was there.....then along came the wind and the rain. Seriously, you would think that we could plan an outdoor event on June 16 withouth worrying about the weather!! It put a damper on the party, but I think for the most part everyone survived and was okay with wearing hoodies and ducking for cover in the middle of June.
We were finally able to convince a group of them to come inside and eat, but it took alot of coaxing. Teenagers are a strange breed. There were 3 seperate schools represented, so girls didn't know some of the girls, and boys didn't know some of the boys. After a couple of hours no one cared and everyone blended well.


I don't know if it was what she had envisioned, sometimes parties are like that. You know, you picture bigger and better....I hope she knows that her Mom and Dad love her and wanted her to have an amazing night.
We love you Brenna, thank you for being such a bright and fun spot in all of our lives!!!

3 comments:

Janeen said...

I love this girl!!! I love that no matter how much she has going on and how many friends she has, she always makes time for her family! The fact that she WANTS to babysit and actually volunters to come over to my house to do so? She is seriously the best! I love her!

Jana said...

I love this lady...Haha...I just saw what Janeen wrote! But its so true she is much loved! She is so beautiful, sweet to all of us...great to my kids and stinkin funny! I love this pic with eyes closed..so them! And I love that Ella is trying really hard not to open hers! Love and Hugs Barnsie Bunch!

Unknown said...

She looked like she had fun. Also the pictures of her, well, she was cute, pretty, and beautiful. Wish I knew her.