Monday, October 19, 2009

Homecoming, part two.....

Round two of Homecoming for Morgan!! The Bingham dance was this last Saturday night.
Her date, a boy named Charles....I call him Charlie.
She was much more able to put on his boutonniere this time around, a suit goes a long way, (especially when there is a slit in it that you are able to slid the flower into) and he also brought her flower to the door (unlike date #1, who left it at home)....

Morgan has gone on several dates with Charlie, but has never kissed him - she has not been so sure if she wanted to...
She came home from the dance, was telling us all about her night and how there was no good-night kiss because other people were in the car (I can totally understand, that is weird). A few minutes later we heard a soft knock on the door, it was 12:30 at night, so really it could only be one person.....Charlie. He came back for the kiss. He had his friends drive down the street and park somewhere else where they wouldn't be able to see and he got the kiss he has been wanting. Morgan came up to our room and threw herself on our floor and just started to laugh, I started to laugh. This was something that I had never experienced and also never heard of - I thought that kid has guts, good for him.

The dance was fun for Morgan and I love having my teenage girl that tells me so much about her life, that is willing to share so much with me and talk to me about nearly everything.


2 comments:

Jill said...

I love this story....Really makes me laugh. He does have guts. Good thing she didnt deny him! Such a beautiful lady you have Jenn...He is one of many to come pounding at your door!!!

Jana said...

LOL!!!! Wow!! The kid does have some guts! Love it! Cute Morgs!