Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Smiths with Ella....

So, it has been a while since I had been to the grocery store for "Big" shopping since I had Jiles. Ella wanted to go with me a couple of days ago and I am so glad that she did. Off to Smiths (they had better ads this week, I usually prefer Harmons, much cleaner, newer and way more fun stuff for all the impulse buys), when I got there I soon realized that the car seat that I bought for the baby does not fit, "click", onto the shopping cart. Dang!! I needed the room in my cart for groceries. I ended up putting Jiles in the big part of the cart and was going to load in what I could around him, that is until Ella found the new 'child-sized' carts at Smiths. She usually has a fit and wants me to push around the car-looking ones (which she never stays in), but this time she thought that it would be fun to shop for herself. Well, you would not believe what you can fit in her small cart and my big cart put together. I got all my shopping done and she literally wanted everything in her cart. Now, on to the funny part....I have NO idea where she has heard, or learned this, but everytime we would put something in her cart, a gallon of milk, cheese, cereal, bread, whatever it was, I would say 'thank-you' and she would pipe up with a "it's my pleasure!" WHAT??!? Where did my 4 year old get that?? She was amazing help that day, and on most days, with cleaning, shopping, just being my friend...and she makes me laugh!! All the better. She rocks.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I HATE those car carts! You have such a positive attitude about shopping with two little kids!!!

Natalie said...

I hate those car carts too! Ella is so cute. Last night was a long but amazing night. I don't know how Anne and her crew does it. Its going to be a nice break. My mom loved your baby. You guys are such nice parents to stick up for Kaden and my mom. LOL Tell Brenna her no brace face looks awesome and Drew too. He is so handsome.

Jana said...

We all HATE those carts! I am so glad I am out of that phase. I had a wire frame stroller that the car seat clipped on and I put them on that and pull both around the store or wait til Britt was home to go with and push the baby. I remember mom said to me once...I dont knoe how you take all three kids to the store like that. Funny huh? We do what we gotta do! Love ya!