Sunday, May 24, 2009

Look ma, no braces!!.....


On Wednesday, May 20th both Brenna and Drew got their braces off. They were both so excited. Brenna has had hers on for nearly 6 years (on and off, waiting for teeth to fall out, get pulled etc. and then grow in), and Drew had his on for about 2 years. Both of them nearly cried when the dentist started to grind the leftover cement off, "beauty is pain" I told them. The first thing I thought when I saw Brenna was how much she looked like Morgan and how grown up Drew looked. He will not even have to go to Middle School with them. Lucky!!! I am looking forward to taking a small break from the orthodontists office. I think we have been seeing them regularly for nearly 7 years now, Morgan then J.D., Brenna and Drew. Jensen will for sure need them too, but not for a year or so, he still has some time. Dr. Young is a great orthodontist and I am grateful for him helping to make my kids look so, so good!!!


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Lucky you to be finished with 2 kids in braces. Your children are beautiful. I really admire your attitude about being a mother. Each time I read your blog I think I should do and be better!

Nancy said...

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the sweet note, I also couldn't believe all the connections between us. Turns out even if we hadn't gone to JHS we would still have 2 other reasons we would know each other - crazy!

Natalie used to tell me about her cousins who were 5 girls in all and how much fun they all had with each other & with their mom...but I had no idea it was you and your sisters. I think she used to tell me that since I was so bummed I didn't get a boy in the mix.

Speaking of, your little guy is darling, as well as your whole family (especially that good-looking Drew!). Last I heard you guys were going to adopt, so that was news to me!

Congrats on your latest addition. You really have your hands full but I love how you are always so positive. My girls make me crazy a lot of times, but they are getting easier everyday. I blog to remember the humor that happens each day inbetween the moments
I want to pull my hair out.

Take care!

Jana said...

Your kiddos are beautiful!! Makes htem look so much older...grown up! Gosh....how did they get so lucky to get them on and off so young. Poor us!! The painful yeas of being a teenager will be a bit easier for them.

Christy said...

So maybe that is where you were when I dropped off Gilmore Girls... How exciting! I hope those chocolates didn't melt. If so, sorry, it was Gus's idea. We had such a great time playing at your house. Let's do it again.