Sunday, May 10, 2009

Love being a mom....






Well, here it is Mothers Day and I wanted to write about 6 of the best reasons I have for being a Mother!! Morgan, Brenna, Drew, Jensen, Ella and Jiles. I could not dream of having better children or ever loving being a mom as much as I do. I will be the first to admit that not every day is a dream come true, but for the most part I could not ask for a better life. Part of that also includes my awesome husband J.D., and the ability that he has given me to be a stay-at-home mom. Tonight as I read the cards my kids gave me and listened to the music "montage" that Morgan put together as we drove home from Janas house (all of which made me cry like a baby) - I feel an overwhelming sense of appreciation for the sweet spirits that I have been privileged to raise. Could there really be anything more important in this whole world than being a mom?? My answer tonight is "no" - there is not a harder job, a more frustrating job, a scarier job, a more time-sucking job in the whole world...but there is also none more rewarding, fulfilling and in all honesty better, and truly amazing than being the "mom". Wathching my children grow brings me such joy...I don't want them to grow, (Morgan always promises me when I was combing her hair into a ponytail at 3 years old that she would not grow-up), unfortunaltely she grew...and it has been an amazing journey. Each day brings a new set of challenges, but also a new set of rewards that constantly amaze me. I cannot imagine my life without them. I am now and will always be, proud to be the mom of my 6---Thank you, Morgan, Brenna, Drew, Jensen, Ella, and Jiles for being such a big part of my heart!! I love you.

4 comments:

Tiffany G said...

So sweeet, and true! You are a great mom! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Natalie said...

You are the best mom ever. Only fabulous moms can have six kids. Your kids are also great and that is a true test of a good mom. I agree that a mom is the best job, but also the hardest. Happy Mom's Day.

P.S. You are keepin up with this blogging thing and you have a new baby. You are better than your sisters.

Jana said...

Jenn...my computer had been broke and I just got it back fixed up and running great. You post was the BEST!!! You are the best and your have great kids!! I love you! I am so glad you ventured out on Sunday. It was so great to see all of you....minus one of course.

Janeen said...

Happy mothers day to one of the best moms I know! I love you and your kids so much...what an awesome post!
ps thanks for dinner and "home made brownies last night"