Friday, March 26, 2010

Special Needs Roadshow.....

At the beginning of this last school year Morgan was called to be a Youth Counselor in the Special Needs Young Women's program. This is a calling you get from the Stake President and it is a year long commitment. She goes every Thursday night and has been assigned her 'buddy' - Jenny is her name and it has not only been a blessing in Morgans life, but it has been a blessing to all of us. She looks forward each week to going to Special Needs and comes home with not only pretty funny stories, but also some inspiring ones.
J.D. and I went and watched the entire group put on their annual Roadshow.....the girls did lots of singing - simple songs like 'Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree' and 'Once their was a Snowman' all the way to 'I know that my Redeemer Lives', Morgans group sang 'I feel my Saviors Love'....the boys really liked doing skits, dressing up like Nephi and swinging swords carrying "CTR" shields. The whole night was emotional for me, not only seeing these special spirits get up and perform, but seeing the youth that have been called be so tender and loving to their new friends. I am so proud of Morgan that she has embraced this calling and made every moment of it count.
This has been a fun year for her, and one that I am sure she will remember for a lifetime.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Life changing I'm sure. So sweet.

Tiffany said...

What a wonderful girl to do something, that probably didn't seem easy at first.

Anonymous said...

I love that there are enough members out here to have the Special Needs mutual. And Morgan is such an awesome girl - what a great experience for her!

Jana said...

Love Morgan! It does take special people to do that and Morgs is one for sure! You have the best girls! And way to go on the Tec center! I just found that out earlier today! Good for her. Smarite pants with her head in the right place!