Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter (cold and grey!!) weekend.....

Warning!! Loads and loads of pictures in this post, usually pictures say it better than words though.....



When I think of Spring Break or Easter weekend I usually don't think of cold and gray, but each time I looked out the window this weekend it was either snowing, raining or threatening to snow or rain.....it made it a little hard to get into the spirit of spring.We tried to look past it and have a good weekend, but to be honest, it put a damper on all of our moods.

We started our weekend with our neighborhood annual Easter egg hunt which turned out to be a "Put your coat on and go find your dozen candy-filled eggs and run back in the house to get warm!" - maybe the kids didn't notice as much as I did, but I was freezing!! We then all got together after the Priesthood session of conference to dye our Easter eggs. All of the kids were there, which is rare for a Saturday night at our house, usually someone has a date or a party, but all of them decorated their eggs and had a good time. I enjoyed the family time and we all watched Aladdin afterwards-one of our favorites.





The Easter bunny brought baskets this year that were filled with things for the kids that they could use on the cruise. For the girls it was sunglasses and swimsuit cover-ups and for the boys it was goggles and flip-flops. Little bits of candy too, because what better way to spend your Conference/Easter Sunday that eating chocolate and jellybeans in your p.j.'s while watching the prophet speak!!

Cute Ella didn't wait to open several of her treats just to take a taste of all of them - she continued to nibble on them like that all day. If it would have been me they would have each been gone in 2 bites.

Ji's first Easter morning. It was a little bitter-sweet today because last Easter I was still pregnant with him. He will be turning 1 on the 17th and it has been one of the fastest years of my life. I wonder where the time has gone. We started out with such a rough beginning and to look at him now it is just a distant memory of the time spent in the NICU. He is an amazing blessing in our lives. A very happy and healthy boy. I thank my Heavenly Father for him and each one of my children daily.

Brenna took these pictures of us. He was so funny because every time she would go to snap the picture he would turn and look at me. I don't know what it was, he would be smiling and looking at the camera and then she would take the picture and he would turn his head. It truly took about 7 or 8 tries to get him to face forward. I will pretend it is just because he loves his momma so much that he wanted to watch me instead of the camera!


I loved this picture. Ella is waiting in line for to get her dinner and I looked over, don't know where the fingerless gloves came from, but whe just looks so happy. All is right with the world. Her cousins are over and she is surrounded by all the people she loves most in the world. What a great moment for me to be a witness to....not to mention the missing teeth on the bottom!! Love my girl!

I rarely get a picture of the boys at family parties because they tend to disappear. Besides, look at the ham and cheesy potatoes....and what would a family party be without every kind of soda imaginable!! This is for sure one of our worst habits!!

Cousins eating in the dining room, a rare occasion that they all sit in one room together!

Big girls at the big kid table.....

My little brother Brad and his cute wife Christina

Getting ready for the very cold and wet Easter egg hunt (notice the snow on the ground and coats on the kids)

Ella and Jensen in the backyard with all the rest of the cousins. It was hard to get a picture of all the cousins going for it because it was over really fast!

-All my best girls-
Christina, Mom, Jana, Janeen, Julie, Jenn, Jill
love love, love my sisters!!

So all in all it was a safe and happy Easter weekend. Not the sunny warm weather with tulips and green grass that we all dream of, but hopefully that will be the case next week when we leave for our cruise to Cabo!! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Love your pics!! Easter was super fun even though it was kinda cold! Loves to u!