Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My bath tub.....

As I sat in the tub the other morning I started looking around. I am in my bathroom, but by the looks of it, you would never know it. I am surrounded by little kid shampoo, 2-in-1 with a monkey on the bottle that smells like coconut....baby shampoo, smelling like babies.....a Sponge Bob razor, mirror and shaving cream.....a white rubber ducky.....a Hello Kitty loofah.....a handful of different sized cups for rinsing, dumping and 'making shakes' as Ella and Jensen would put it....2 little pet shop fish that often end up joining me in my bath. I think "this could drive a person crazy" - but as soon as the thought enters my head, I am quickly reminded of how fast the time goes. How someday when I am sitting in a tub that I have all to myself with all my grown up lotions and potions how sad it will be, that I will miss these moments. Being a mom teaches you to share - everything in your world, from your bath tub all the way down to the daily diet coke.
I wouldn't trade these little reminders for the world.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have toys, and kid shampoo, and cups in MY shower and MY tub too! Thanks for the reminder, that one day it will all be gone.

Janeen said...

enjoy the little things...i agree. and sometimes the huge things...but things that seem huge are often so little. make sense?

Jana said...

I totally agree...have them too! Trent always say's "new rule...no kids in our bathroom" needless to say I dont make that one stick!

Jill said...

Makes me sad....I dont really have any of that stuff anymore. :( It's so true though. Enjoy the samll things, like stepping on the lego's and crayons everywhere!! Kids are the greatest!!