Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crawling and climbing.....

Jiles is now 9 months old - I took him to the doctor for his well child check on Monday and he is weighing in at 21 pounds....he is continuing to grow like a weed and is happy and healthy (if you don't count the 2 ear infections back to back that left him with an extreme case of diaper rash due to the antibiotics!!) All is well now.
While J.D. and I were in Cancun Jiles decided it was time for him to learn to crawl and climb and try to walk around furniture, he also thinks it is really neat to try and stand on his own. What happened? I left and he was TRYING to move and I come home and can't keep him down. He is constantly trying to climb up to the fireplace and the bath tub - both of which are dangerous places to be climbing. I guess it it 'good-bye' to my fireplace for the season, which makes me want to cry, seeing as I have had it on almost constantly for the last 2 months.
He thinks that he is pretty cool, you can see it in his face. He knows that he has learned something new and is excited about showing it off. When I got the camera out last night to try and sneak a picture of him up on the bath tub, he immediately wanted to come and get me.
He is still a very happy little dude, wanting to eat and be a big boy. He screams for my diet Pepsi even though he has no clue how to suck out of a straw. He pretends, and for now that makes him happy:)

3 comments:

Jana said...

Awww...JIJI!! Cant believe he is getting so big so fast! He is so stinkin cute...I want to bite those cheeks!!

Janeen said...

awe, i love my rooster! i knew he would get going while you were gone. i miss his face.

Anonymous said...

He's sooooo cute!

They always choose to learn new tricks when you're not around! When I was working and my mom was keeping Abby, I told her I didn't want to know anything. That way I could always think that I saw it first. ;)