Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cancun in the wintertime.....

Ahhh....Cancun in the wintertime. Could there be anything better?? We love to go on a couples vacation after Christmas. I am becoming less and less tolerant of the snow each and every year. The cold, the gray, the drab...it is so yucky. Last year we didn't go away, we took our kids on a cruise instead, which was equally as fun, just in a different, less relaxing way. This is a photo of J.D. and I, day one in Cancun - we are a lovely shade of, who knows what due to the spray on tan the night before. I don't know if I am a fan or not. The jury is still out on that.

This is a shot from the pier at the resort that we stayed at....most beautiful. It was especially charming at night with all the lights and the water.


Day two....beach, beach and more beach. We laid on our chairs and read and sunned ourselves all day. No where that we had to be, no time frame, I didn't even bring a watch. When we got hungry we ate, when we got tired we slept. It is so awesome to pull the swim suits out in the middle of winter. J.D. doesn't like to get sunburned, so he keeps pretty covered up. He got called the 'uni-bomber' at one point, thanks Big Wid.

We went to a class to learn how to give a massage, I did learn alot...it was fun. Later on in the week we went back to the spa where we got the full treatment. Starting with water therapy, sitting in the steam room and sauna, and going into FREEZING cold water. We all then had a 50 minute massage followed by a 50 minute facial - so relaxing. I felt very spoiled.

Outdoor lunches of all you can eat guacamole and chips (with loads and loads of other food also) with a mariachi band in the background. The food was unbelievable. We ate until we were sick at most of our meals. Isn't it funny how you starve yourself up until the day of the trip and then throw it all out the window while there, I came home 8 pounds heavier than I left and J.D. gained 5 pounds....luckily it is coming off each and every day. I have just decided you can't worry about it while on vacation, it is a part of the fun.

We took a bike tour one morning and rode into a little town up the beach, don't we all look just stunning in our reflective vests and helmets?? It was a fun way to spend a morning, after all, we had done nothing to exert ourselves in anyway for the entire time we were there. It is always interesting to see the way other people live. We are so blessed her in the United States to have all that we do.

The boys....Wid - Adam - J.D.

The girls.... Becky - Jenn - Suzy

This was the group of us the day we went to the spa....don't we all look lovely!

The view from our balcony. Our resort was amazing!! Waking up in the morning and opening our door to our balcony and having the fresh air was just what we needed in the middle of winter.

Our last morning in our tropical paradise. This vacation really felt like a vacation, sometimes we pack our days so full of activities that when we come home it feels like we just barely left. Luckily this time it felt like 6 days on the beach....I would highly recommend this for anyone who can do it. Leaving the kids is a hard thing to do, it is sad to say good-bye for a week, but then you come home and everything is the same. It is so good for the parents to get away and focus on time together. Remembering just what makes your relationship so special. J.D. is my best friend, I am so grateful for him, he means everything to me. I love you!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Lucky! Lucky! Lucky!

Jana said...

I love cancun!! I want to go back there so bad! You are so lucky and blessed that you have such great sisters who are there to take care of your fabulous kiddos! Looks like heaven!!! You and JD both look like young hot things!! Happy early 20th!!

Jenn said...

Oh My Oh My!!! What can I say? my feet are cold, my body is cold, and I am bundled in a coat sitting at my desk doing homework! and look at you, tan, warm, swimsuits, greeeeen grass....hmmm good choice guys! Hope you had fun! :)

Janeen said...

jd is so funny with his hoodie on the beach. love you guys. looks awesome. just a couple more months and then you will have more mexico!

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome - I especially like JD in his hoodie. haha

I like the snow - but I HATE this inversion garbage. Think I'll spend next January with my family in Arkansas. :)