Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 11 of the hospital stay.....


These pictures weren't taken today, they were back on Saturday night when Jiles got taken off the oxygen...they took out his feeding tube also and we had a baby free of any "hook-ups". He looks almost like a different baby to me not having all the stuff attached to his tiny little face. That was a good day...just getting him to breathe on his own without the help of anything and eating everything by mouth. Today we have taken a little turn, his feeding tube was put back in because over the last 4 days he has lost 2 ounces in body weight because the little bugger just can't eat as many calories as he needs to in order to gain weight. He just doesn't have the stamina it takes. He gets too tired out after about 15 minutes of bottle feeding and it becomes a forced issue and he is working to hard, therefore, losing weight. It has been a hard day for me. I have cried alot and wondered why this is happening. The doctor said yesterday that he might be able to come home today...no such luck. I feel like I am missing out on such precious days of my newborns life having him spend so much time in the hospital - I know that it isn't alot of time in the grand scheme of things - it still is rediculously hard though.
I can only hope and pray that he can figure things out soon. My kids have been amazing through all of this. Not complaining and helping out where possible. If they are being naughty while we are at the hospital no one is telling me - so that is nice. They just all want Jiles to come home as soon as possible. Drew, Jensen and Ella haven't even met their baby brother yet.
Still feel like I am living in a bit of a dream.....

5 comments:

Janeen said...

Such a beautiful boy! I love him so much and have not even met him! I am so sorry you are having a hard day. A hard past two weeks. He deserves to be with him Mommy. His Mommy deserves to have him. Just remember when he gets home, you never have to put him down. Literally!!!

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Two weeks is a long time in a newborns life. THose first few weeks are precious. They aren't that little forever. You are still in our prayers. He is so cute.

Jana said...

That was me that deleted a comment. Beau had me doing it with one hand and had major type'os. You bring me to tears with each post! What a sweet beautiful boy. I can see more of the kids without all the stuff on his face! I love the new pictures. I agree with Janeen 100%. So sorry for such a crap day yesterday!! Big hugs and lot of love to all of you!!!

Tiffany said...

You are still in our prayers. Yeah for no oxygen tubes, hopefully he'll get the feeding part down soon. Hang in there.