Friday, December 5, 2008

Going to New York...


Since Morgan is turning 16 (gasp!!) this month J.D. and I wanted to do something special for her, after all, she is a fabulous daughter. We thought that we could do a big "sixteenth" birthday party for her, but we decided that it would be funner and probably more memorable for us to take her on a trip. So....we leave tonight. Taking the 'red eye' to New York City and spending 4 days there. Just J.D., Morgan, Brenna and I, I am so excited. J.D. and I planned the trip a little over a month ago and have been keeping it a secret, (so hard), until last week. We told the girls with sweatshirts that said New York on them. They had tears of excitement and poor Drew had tears of jealousy, sadness, etc. We have lots of fun things planned, shopping, seeing a show, doing all the sight-seeing stuff.... (all stuff that Drew would hate!!) Hopefully we don't freeze!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

How VERY VERY AWESOME! Hope you all have a great time. Also, congrats on another boy to even things out!

PS-I always tell Jana, I've never really cared that I don't have any sisters until the last little while, especially reading her posts (and yours) about all the fun things you sisters do.

Jill said...

Jenn- My awesome big sister, the example in my life....You amaze me. I love you and your family so very much. I loved reading your posts-I was there (except for NY) and it was soooo fun. Makes me kinda want to re-live it all. We will next year. :) Dont know what I would do without you!!!

Janeen said...

so freakin cool of you guys to do for them. they are lucky girls. and boy was i lucky to watch your three little ones. lol seriously i was it was fun. thanks for letting me be there when you told them about NY. it was awesome to see. i love you , and morgan, i cant beleive you are 16. (shed a tear) NY is da bomb! it holds a very special place in my heart as you all know. love and stuff

Jana said...

You are all butt's!! I am reading all your comments in tears and I am not prego...dude whats wrong with me?? You all are so right. Jenn, you are a great mom and you kids are so lucky to have you and JD both. Btw....New York? What's that? I have never been there so it can't be all that great!! J/K