Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Morning...












Wow!! I can't believe that Christmas has come and gone already. This morning the first thing that Ella said to me is "Mom, is Christmas over?" - Since the tree and decorations are still up, I think that she is sure there is more to come. Luckily for us, our Christmas gift this year is a cruise. So, there is more to come. J.D. made these letter tiles and the kids had to unscramble them after unwrapping a stack with their name on it. They were confused at first, but it didn't take them long. They all worked together and it was fun to watch each of them figure out different words of the clue. Brenna was the one who got the last word 'cruise' and she screamed a very high pitched scream...it was fun. We decided that it is more important for us to spend time together as a family, having experiences, and creating memories that will hopefully last a lifetime than having lots of gifts. Our family is growing and changing so quickly that I feel I need to eat up every last chance I get to spend time with them all together, before I know it Morgan will be moving on and that scares me. Time goes by way to fast... I am sure I have said it in other posts, but it is true. We are excited to go on our trip, we leave on Saturday to drive to Los Angeles where we will get on the ship on Monday thru Friday. Leaving cold weather behind and hopefully enjoying some sunny weather!!!


These are all my "peeps" waiting patiently at the top of the stairs so I could go check to see if Santa had come, they looked so cute, and I like to torture them for as long as I can! Ha, ha!



3 comments:

Jana said...

Lucky duckies!! You will have such a nice warm time in the sun with the Griffins. I love the picture on the stairs...make me think if when I was little (you too.) Stop talking that way about Morgan growing up. Makes me teary! Love you...and see you tomorrow with the rest of the world at your house!! haha!

Anonymous said...

Barnes Family! I spied your cute blog off of the Grimes Family's and had to thank you for the darling Christmas gift. Happy Holidays! The Youngs

Jill said...

I love the way you told them. I think we want to do this next year. I wish we could have tagged along this year! You will have so much fun! And Morgan wont go anywhere....you all are way to fun!