Friday, January 14, 2011

Girls and Sweethearts.....


Morgan and Brenna came to me earlier in the week wanting to go to a high school dance together. Brenna is not 16 yet, however, I thought if my daughters want to hang out together and be friends who am I to stand in their way. This may be their only opportunity to be in the same group since Sweethearts is girls choice. Last weekend, they got together with 3 of Brenna's other friends and asked cute little Sophomore boys to the dance. It is still a while away, but better to get your first choice than to wait to long and miss out.....
Brenna asked her 'boyfriend' (again, she is not 16, yikes), his name is Andrew and they are friends of our family. He is a great kid and I am so good with them hanging out together. Morgan asked one of his friends, a Sophomore, going with a beautiful Senior girl - I am sure she made his day when she asked him. I am not sure what his parents thought of it, but they are in the same seminary class, so hopefully they are not too freaked out!! :)
Both Morgan and Brenna got their answers earlier this week, Morgan got shot with a 'yes' arrow shot by Cade Trudo who was dressed up as Cupid. She said this was far and away the best way she has ever been answered to a dance, so dang funny and very brave!! Brenna got a gigantic bear cake that she needed to dig through to find the answer, needless to say, she still has not found. Hopefully she is not being overly confident in believing he has said yes.
I am excited for them to plan and go on this fun date together.....they truly are each others best friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Utah dance-asking traditions continue to amaze me!! LOL Love the methods that their boys chose, so cute!

Jana said...

Hehe!! I am peein my pants! That kid has some balls! I love your girls....love love love them!! They remind me on Jill and I!