Friday, October 7, 2011

Whoa.....I'm tired.....



Jiles continues to grow and grow and is truly turning into the 'terrible two-year old' - I love him so stinkin much, but wow!! This little man exhausts me. My sweet mom just laughs and laughs every time I fill her in on the ins and outs of our day - she keeps telling me that I need to write it all down, so here is my attempt.



He climbs like crazy!! He is always wanting to be in the cupboards, up on the counter and wanting to 'jump' to anyone who is willing to catch him. We said 'good-bye' to his crib about a month ago because he has decided to climb out each night around 3:00 a.m. and join me in my room. I will admit, that I got spoiled when it came to how great of a sleeper he was, so now, just like Ella used to do, Jiles is sleeping on the couch in our room. He sleeps all night long and there are no more interruptions - except the occasional fall of the couch (which he usually sleeps through). Go figure.



We have put locks on the front and back door, locked the pantry, and the fridge.....including the water and ice dispenser on the front. He will drag a chair to the doors to 'try and reach.....to let himself out to play.



He LOVES fingernail polish!! The kid is always finding a bottle of polish and no matter how tight we have put the lid on he can manage to get it off to do "pretties" on his nails. I hate to admit it, but he has actually become quite skilled at just getting the polish on his nails.......practice makes perfect and believe me there has been alot of practice. We have ruined several items of clothing, gotten nail polish on the tile, the carpet, yes, our very light carpet, and my kitchen table.



He has flooded my kitchen more than once climbing up onto the kitchen sink and pulling the sprayer out of the faucet, drenching the floor and counter top all around. One day he managed to ruin quite a stack of important paperwork that had gotten left out and demolished a couple of my favorite cookbooks.



Early one morning I could hear some kind of spraying.....there he was on the counter (do you sense the repetition) spraying bug spray all over the floor.....needless to say, it was quite slippery when I got to him and nearly went down before I could take it away.......He has also done this with Pledge one afternoon as well. My little helper.



He has dumped out a full box of brand new yummy chocolate chip cookies and topped it off with emptying the dog food out as well on the pantry floor. Yes, I watch him!! I can tell that is what everyone is thinking - the kid is super fast and quiet as a mouse until you hear the crash of whatever it is he has tipped, knocked or kicked over.



He loves to help himself to the leftover ash that is in the fire pit, he has more than once covered himself in the lovely blackness of last nights s'mores!



I am smiling the whole time raising this rambunctious boy......he is a fire-cracker, a bull-dozer, a one person wrecking machine and we love him each and every day!! I have the picture of him on my fridge, so little and helpless when he was 3 days old in the NICU, it is a beautiful reminder of what I have been so beautifully blessed with!



Thank you Jiles for keeping me on my toes.......

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful tribute to perspective. Three day old tiny, helpless baby to a two year old nightmare! Enjoyed catching up a little with you and your cute family.