Monday, April 11, 2011

Spirit Spectacular.....

Friday, April 8, 2011 - Spirit Spectacular. End of the year performance.
Watching Brenna and the other Cheerleaders was a fun moment for us this year. I feel so proud of her for wanting something so bad, and for trying so hard to get it. She has great friends on her teams and also has an amazing coach who I think she will be friends with for many years to come.


The Sophomre squad being introduced to the crowd.....
"And here we have one of the Head Cheerleaders.....Brenna Barnes....."
A surprise was in store for the girls as well as the audience, when a group of the dads came out in full cheerleader mode, and J.D. Barnes was one of those dads!!
They all practiced a dance that goes along with the school song and then did a cheer. It was awesome to watch, and especially awesome that all the girls loved their dads and were able to go out on the mat and cheer with their dads.

They even did a lift....one of the scarier moments of the night! I thought my guy was going to come home and have to be in traction for the weekend.....J.D. also entered the mat with his most famous 'round-off' - What a lucky gal I am to have my husband be able to tumble with the best of them!! It was hilarious!
Daddy and Daughter :)
Brenna was supported by loads of family that night, Grandma and Grandpa Hackwell, Aunt Jana with Brittyn, Aunt Julie with Aliza, and Grandma Pat and Grandpa Brian.
This is a sidenote from the Cheerleader herself..... I found this later on and there was no way that I wanted to delete it. This just goes to show her personality and the silliness that we get to enjoy each day!


Aside from watching my beautiful brenna and her gorgeous body flaunt across that blue felt, the rest of the show sucked peach. J.D. did an alright job too.


thankyouandgoodnight(:

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a year for Brenna! We missed her this year. JD cracks me up. Hehe. He's so cute.