Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Time gone by.....

I have not been the best blogger as of late....I keep thinking to myself "when is my life going to slow down??"
We had a Christmas party the other night with our old neighborhood friends.....we were asked to send pictures in of our days in "Cranberry Hill" - those days are long gone. Those are the days where we sat out on the lawn , each afternoon when it was good weather and watched our little ones play while the moms were able to sit and visit. There were no carpools to run, no where that we needed to be. The biggest decision of the day was what we were each making for dinner.
Morgan and I went through boxes of photos last Saturday morning (these are the days long before digital) and we were able to remember our sweet times with little ones growing up. Morgan spent every waking moment she could with her best friend T.J. Murphy, this was their backyard. They were 5 when they met and now they are both turning 18 -
Brenna and her friend Zach Murphy waiting for the bus on the corner just across the street from our house on their way to Kindergarten, what a little peanut she was. That is something that I will always remember about her.

This was one of our outings with the Coveys, Thanksgiving Point petting zoo.
Little Drew with glasses, Wid Covey and Brenna and Mary....those 2 girls have always loved each other.

What a face!! Words cannot describe the way we felt about Drew, our first boy after 2 girls. When he was 3 we found out that our little guy needed glasses. I am sure we could hold some sort of record when it comes to how many pair of glasses that we went through. Drew was a wild child and was chuck full of energy!! We spent more time with him in the emergency rooms getting stitches in his face than I have with all my other kids combined to this day. He has grown into such a mellow kid - a far cry from the toddler that he was.

J.D. was fortunate one year to dress up as Santa for our ward Christmas party. Still to this day it is one of the highlights of his life. He enjoyed every second of it! Morgan knew it was her dad, she sat on his lap and played along.....Brenna was scared to death, we told her who it was and it did not make a bit of difference to her, there was NO WAY she was going to sit on his lap. Morgan was 8 years old in this picture. It makes me sad to see her so small, our first little girl, baptism just around the corner and now we are facing college just around the next corner.Mary Covey, Morgan and Brenna playing dress-up one afternoon.
This picture makes me smile every time I come upon it. Morgan may have been playing only because there was nothing better to do, but the point is, she was playing. Spending time with her sister is something they have always enjoyed.
I loved our days in Cranberry Hill. Those days are a priceless memory. I treasure those times.
This all made me stop and think, my kids are growing at a remarkable speed and I just want to push the pause button on my life.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I loved your opening paragraph: "The days of sitting around watching young kids play, no car pools and only worrying about what's for dinner." Though my kids are younger than yours, it still seems a long time ago that that was my life! I get invited to all sorts of playgroups, etc. And I decline them all, my life has gradually moved into a different stage...
How I wish we could freeze time for just a moment.

Jana said...

I love the flash backs...so so stinking cute!! My life is crazy...I dont know how you do it all! Luv ya much sis!