Saturday, May 8, 2010

Black eyes, lawns and DOGS!!.....

There is no rhyme or reason to this post....
Starting out with Ella coming home from her buddy Gabe's house the other day in tears and what seemed to be at the time, the tiniest cut on her eye after she fell, somehow, off of his slide. Within a couple of hours the eye got a little swollen and started to turn purplish blue. I felt bad because I really didn't give her much sympathy when she came home crying. The eye continued to get a little darker for the next couple of days and I think she was a bit proud of her injury. She felt like she was one of the 'boys' - my girlie girl with a black eye....something to remember.
Is it appropriate for 8, (almost 9) year old boys to be mowing the lawn?? At our house it is. Jensen has learned this spring to help out his dad and big brother Drew in doing the yard. He does a great job and it goes by quite a bit faster with another one helping out. J.D. broke down and purchased another mower, so while Drew does the backyard Jensen works on the front yard. So far everyone is happy with the situation and eager to help....once mid July rolls around and the heat kicks in we will see if the smiles are still there.

This tree is one of my favorite parts about my yard in the spring. I think to myself every year, 'I really should take a picture' and I never have. Usually a storm rolls in with amazing winds and blows all the beautiful pink blossoms off before I get around to it, so this year I was determined to get a picture. Unfortunately, it is hard to get the full effect of how pretty my pink tree is. It is right in the middle of my front yard - and as silly as it is, I am very thankful for that tree. It puts a smile on my face:)

I know, I know....what are we thinking?? Ella has never quite given up on Lily, (our last Yorkie). So after 2 full years of her praying (literally, every dinner and bedtime pray included her) for our long lost dog - not really lost, just found her a new home. I broke down and J.D. found us a 2 year old, house trained dog. He is turning out to be a really great fit for our family. Although we all loved Lily, she was small, 3 pounds, and VERY needy. Bruce, yes Bruce, is bigger, around 9 pounds. Drew and Jensen can really rough him up and he loves it. The dog is great with Jiles and Ella is over the moon. She keeps saying to me, "Mom, thank you for bringing me home a new dog!"

Life is crazy busy. There are so many things I could write about....not all super inspiring or interesting. This is my life. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Luke started mowing the lawn last year when he was only seven! And...he even had a paying job mowing the neighbors lawn all last summer. This year, he has been asked to do two neighbor's lawn, as well as ours. We told him he could choose only one other than ours, he needs to be a kid....

Jana said...

Awwww...Bruce'y! So cute! Sad for Ellas black eye!