Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More changes in our life...










We have had alot go on in our home the last few weeks. Drew turned 12 and passed the Sacrament for the first time 2 weeks ago, (he was nervous, but did a great job). I cried of course, thinking that he was just born, the little boy with jaudice, sleeping in a weird suitcase light-up thing in our hallway on Little Creek Drive!!! He is now nearly as tall as me and our hands are practically the same size. How time flies and I don't think any of us realize how fast. He is an awesome son.

Morgan also had some big news this last week, she went on a first date!! I know her birthday isn't for another month, but we decided to let her go to a dance at the school. It was girls choice and she asked a boy named "Mikey" - he is a cute kid and seems nice. She doubled with her friend Kirstyn and her date Robert aka "Freddie". It was fun for me too. I helped her ask him with a pint of ice cream from Baskin Robbins (of course) with a note saying "it would sure be sweet if you went to the dance with me" - He answered with cupcakes saying "no matter how you say it the answer is yes" - he had made cupcakes with yes in different languages written on all of them.

So, I guess what I have learned as of late, is no matter how big my kids get, I am enjoying the stages that they are in. It is fun to see them grow and have life experiences, bitter sweet as it may be, it is what happens. I am so thankful for the kids that I have been blessed with, they are the light of my life.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Jenn, I am crying! Time does fly and it seems like all I have done the past while is complain on how big of stinkers I have. Your kids are some of the best! You and JD have done an outstanding job and are some of the best parents I know. Take pride in yourself! You are amazing mommy of almost 6.

Janeen said...

Freak, I love your family. I can't beleive Ella is 4, Morgan is dating, and Drew can do 6 miles at the gym ... lol