Monday, February 7, 2011

Growing up.....


It's official......Ella is growing up.

She was once the little one that I would snuggle up to once everyone else had gone to school in the morning, now has things of her own to do. She takes a dance class once a week with Meg and Rachel, but the best part is her teacher is my darling forever friend, Tera. We love Teacher Tera!! She is darling - she is pictured here teaching the girls how to hold one of the others in a lift and the end of their dance. I cannot wait for the recital!

Ella does not wear the typical leotard, tights, and ballet shoes to dance.....oh no, she is much to sassy for that!! Her favorite is the pink and black leopard print, pouffy skirt with black leggings and top.....she also likes 'messy' buns instead of 'ballet' buns in her hair.

Ella loves Kindergarten, and I love her school. There is much to say for a charter school. I am so impressed with the teachers and the academics that go on in these classes. Ella entered Kindergarten without any kind of pre-school behind her. I am not a fan of pre-school. These little ones grow up and leave the house much too soon for me, so to push them into school so soon has never been anything that I have liked. I want my time with my kids while they still want to spend time with me, these moments are precious and priceless and I don't want to share them with anyone else.....

Summit Academy pushes these kids. This was one day at school when Ella had to prepare and present a science experiment that could be shared with her class. We decided to show how light reflects through a glass with water in it and show how when you place a pencil in the water that it looks like it has bent. The kids in the class were amazed....lots of 'ooohhhs' and 'aaahhhs' coming from the crowd.

I am happy to announce that just having parent teacher conferences with her teacher, Ella is doing 1st grade math, and is reading books that she would not be required to read until the end of this school year......yes, I am a proud mama!

No comments: